The Ranger R23AT NextGen™ Series tyre changer is a high end tilt tower machine designed to handle the needs of heavy volume tyre shops. A super-size turntable provides an internal clamping capacity of 24" and external clamping capacity of 22". With a long list of time-saving features and a powerful pneumatic assist helper, you’ll safely mount low‐profile performance tyres and wheels with little effort. A sturdy body, rigid 45mm hexagonal vertical shaft, and hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm eliminates flex during all tyre service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged. Bead seating and tyre inflation is simple and effortless with Ranger’s exclusive TurboBlast™ portable bead seating system.
- A new high-torque electric turntable drive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tyre removal and installation. Controlled speed gives low profile and run-flat beads time to relax to reduce the risk of tyre damage.
- Improved electric motor features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor construction, stronger high-quality ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy insulation, and durable rolled steel frames. All motors are 110-208/230V and 50-60 hertz capable.
- A balanced flywheel helps the machine run smoothly, reduces vibration, and helps minimize associated stress on other machinery components.
- A completely new and proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightening fast bead-breaker speeds in both directions. A 100% stainless-steel cylinder body means no more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air source condensation. Other exclusive design features include a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tyre capacity, a large, dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger variety of tyre and wheel combinations.
- Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
- Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
- Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tyre centers. Snap action spring return means precise and controlled operation.
- Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control.
- All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
- Ranger Next Generation™ tyre changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore for exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
- Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of oil, heat, ozone, weather and aging.
- A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions. The rugged housing provides maximum strength for extreme durability under hard working conditions and greater precision under load during worm and gear alignment. High-strength, over-sized worm and worm gears are straddle mounted between heavy-duty tapered roller bearings providing rugged dependability.
- Durable, hardened, alloy-steel RimGuard™ wheel clamps features internal and external multi-teeth jaws with vertical mounting bolts that make replacement fast and simple.
- A geometric tabletop provides for easier bead lubrication and allows operators to make visual inspections of the lower bead during mounting and inflation procedures.
- A powerful assist tower features a multi-profile traveling drop-center tool that holds stubborn sidewalls in the drop-center area of the wheel for swift, precise mounting. A single lower bead lifting disc can be used to unseat stubborn lower beads or to elevate tyres for tool placement. A tyre iron slot built into the bead lifting disc gives operators additional leverage for difficult tyre handling. These important tyre shop tools dramatically reduce the effort required to change difficult, low-profile tyres and helps minimize operator fatigue. Up front trigger control and articulating arm allows for variable tyre and wheel configurations. A heavy-duty, tri-flange, cast-iron assist tower carriage features linear way bearings for durable maintenance-free operation.
- R23AT and R23LT tyre changers handle custom tyre and wheel assemblies without the need for clumsy adapters or clamp adjustments. From simple factory steel wheels to super-sized delicate customs, multiple power-assist features will help you change tyres with minimal effort.
- A pneumatic nylon non-marring wheel restraint device assures wheels are safely secured to the turntable during inflation procedures.
- Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
- Tilt-back tower design provides greater clearance and access for tyre removal and inflation. Pneumatic-lock tool head stays positioned on the tower return for instant set up for like sets of tyres and wheels.
- Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to prevent wear on seals, wear band and piston rod. Permanent lubrication design provides outstanding service life.
- A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape that allows you to perform all changing functions with the tool head in the same position. The micro-smooth tool head surface glides tyre beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures to ensure costly tyre damage is minimized.
- Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate wheels.
- We throw in a hardened steel tyre iron and bead lever tool to assist during all tyre mounting and demounting operations.
- A rigid 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft combined with a hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm maintains perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tyre service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged. All moving parts feature maintenance free linear guide bearings for easy adjustment of both vertical and horizontal wheel settings. The non-flex horizontal arm also features a hardened lower roller guide for smooth and controlled in and out movement. Integrated rubber bump stops assure smooth return during tilt-back operations to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on tower guides and moving parts.
- A simple to use tyre inflator features foot-pedal operation and inflation hose with a sure-grip clip-on valve chuck enabling hands-free operation. Integrated air pressure dump valve enables you to lower tyre pressure with a simple push of a button.
- Ranger tyre changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system* that blasts a powerful air burst between the tyre and rim to help seat stubborn beads fast. A durable, non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tyre and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is larger than competitive models for all the inflation power you need, when you need it.
- Plenty of storage area for tools and accessories. Helps keep your shop tidy and operation-critical tools close at hand.
- Stainless steel braided metal conduit protects hoses and wires from abrasion and wear.
- Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add a whole extra level of versatility with the optional motorcycle turntable clamping system. Expand your capabilities, clientele and your bottom line.
- Inflation gauge with integrated air dump valve: Standard
- Inflation pressure regulator/limiter: Standard
- Water filter: Standard
- Oiler / lubricator: Standard
- Air regulator: Standard
- Breaker bar: Standard
- Large soap / lubricator bucket: Standard
- Brush: Standard
- Traveling drop-center hold down device: Standard
- Inflation restraint device: Standard
- Inflation system: Standard
- Tool tray / bin storage: Standard
- Motorcycle turntable clamps: Optional
- Drive system type: electric / air
- Motor: 2 Hp / 110 - 220 VAC / 50 - 60 Hz
- Air requirement: 110 - 175 psi / 8 - 12 bar
- Wheel clamping method: 4 internal / external clamps
- Table clamping system: dual pneumatic cylinders
- Bead breaking system: pneumatic blade
- Power assist towers: single / left
- Tool holder: Air-lock mounting
- Tower design: Tilt-back
- Bead lifting roller: Single / Left
- Powerful bead seating system: TurboBlast / bead seating
- Internal rim clamping capacity: 11.5" – 24" / 292 mm - 610 mm
- External rim clamping capacity: 10" – 22" / 254 mm - 559 mm
- Turntable tyre width capacity mount: 4" – 18" / 102 mm – 457 mm
- Bead breaker tyre width capacity demount: 1.5" – 16" / 38 mm – 406 mm
- Maximum tyre diameter: 41" / 1,041 mm
Featured accessories for the R23AT
What customers are saying about the Tire Changer Machines from Ranger Products
“I have one and let me tell it’s a darn good machine for the price!!!!”
"I bought a rim clamp ranger tire changer..............Don't know what size max would fit in the bead breaker, but it has a pretty wide throat. I personally wouldn't fart around with an old Coats, I'd get a rim clamp........I don't used mine everyday, but have used it quite a bit, and I like it. I bought it and a balancer in a package deal."
"Ranger is Bend-Pak in house brand. From the ones I have seen in use Ranger is not bad at all and for home use will last something just under 1,000 years."
- kurt M
Request More Info on the R23AT!
|Wheel types:||aluminum, alloys, steel|
|Drive system:||electric / air|
|Air requirement:||110 - 175 psi|
|Clamping method:||4 clamps|
|Internal clamping:||12" – 24"|
|External clamping:||10" – 22"|
|Mount capacity:||4" – 18"|