• A new high-torque electric turntable drive features increased speed and reversible direction for quicker tyre removal and installation. Controlled speed gives low profile and run-flat beads time to relax to reduce the risk of tyre damage.
• Improved electric motor
features the best of proven technologies, including rugged copper rotor
construction, stronger high-quality ball bearings, thermal-cool epoxy
insulation, and durable rolled steel frames. All motors are 110-208/230V
and 50-60 hertz capable.
• A powerful bead press mounting system features powerful traveling bead roller, a quick-change lower disc roller and centering cone to aid in clamping, lubricating, demounting, mounting and inflating of difficult tyre and wheel combinations.
• Up front controls and a sensible ergonomic design provide ease of use and more efficient operation.
• Stainless-steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders are designed to reduce machine vibration and provide low-friction and long life operation. Internal end-of-stroke cushions are standard that help provide cushioning at the end of each full stroke to rescue wear on seals, wear band and piston rod.
• A hardened alloy steel mount and demount head has a unique equidimensional shape with micro-smooth tool head surface that glides tyre beads effortlessly during mounting and demounting procedures.
• A balanced flywheel helps the machine run smoothly, reduces vibration, and helps minimize associated stress on other machinery components.
• A completely new and proprietary bead-breaker design features bilateral pneumatic accelerators for lightening fast bead-breaker speeds in both directions. A 100% stainless-steel cylinder body means no more worrying about moisture contamination from corrosion due to air source condensation. Other exclusive design features include a multi-axis, adjustable blade for multi-angle tyre capacity, a large, dual-flange axle that eliminates blade flex and premature failure, and adjustable blade settings that help accommodate a larger variety of tyre and wheel combinations.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
• Industrial-grade, 45-micron, pneumatic control valves feature die cast and machined bodies constructed from zinc and aluminum. High-performance polyurethane seals and self-lubricating, Teflon® piston guides provide increased service life and performance at the highest level possible within almost every imaginable working condition. Valve plungers feature muffled extrication ports that direct any dirt or contamination accumulated on the outside perimeter of the spool to be automatically blown away each time the valve goes into the release position.
• Dual-positioning adjustable RimGuard™ wheel clamps can accommodate wheels 10” up to 33” and feature internal and external multi-teeth jaws.
• A geometric tabletop provides for easier bead lubrication and allows operators to make visual inspections of the lower bead during mounting and inflation procedures.
• Durable forged steel (instead of cast iron) foot pedal levers will stand up to everyday use and abuse in high-volume tyre centers. Snap action spring return means precise and controlled operation.
• Foot pedal control valves feature multi-link rod connections for non-binding plunger movement and precise bilateral control.
• Ranger Next Generation™ tyre changers feature high pressure polyurethane pneumatic tubing with mirror smooth seamless bore for exceptional flow rates, high abrasion resistance, high burst tolerance and maximum kink resistance.
• Ranger tyre changers feature the renowned TurboBlast™ bead seating system* that blasts a powerful air burst between the tyre and rim to help seat stubborn beads fast. A durable, non-marring nylon discharge barrel features a contoured tab that locks securely on the edge of the rim for better control during air discharge between the tyre and wheel. A welded-steel, eight-gallon surge tank is larger than competitive models for all the inflation power you need, when you need it.
• A newly designed, maintenance-free gearbox features a large oil and grease reservoir that helps provide efficient heat dissipation and improved lubrication for longer service life. Internal baffles and a constant seating stress flange gasket assure positive, leak-free venting. The rugged gearbox enclosure is precision milled for precise alignment of horizontal and vertical bases and features precision helical gears that operate much more smoothly and quietly than typical spur gear transmissions.
• Important wheel service accessories come standard like a large soap bucket with brush and a multi-piece plastic wheel protector kit that includes turntable jaw covers, bead-breaker blade boots and specialized mount / demount head covers to help protect delicate wheels.
• We throw in a hardened steel tyre iron and bead lever tool to assist during all tyre mounting and demounting operations.
• All main-lead electrical terminals, auxiliary switches, and motor enclosures are sealed for air-tight, dust-free and contamination-proof protection of terminal leads.
• Specially engineered drive-belt features convex sidewalls to distribute wear evenly while providing proper belt support for improved service life. Flex-bonded cords and flex-weave covers resist the effects of oil, heat, ozone, weather and aging.
• A rigid 45mm spring assist hexagonal vertical tool shaft combined with a hardened-steel horizontal outrigger support arm maintains perfect position of the mount-demount tool head during all tyre service procedures to reduce the chance of expensive wheels getting damaged.
• A simple to use tyre inflator features foot-pedal operation and inflation hose with a sure-grip clip-on valve chuck enabling hands-free operation. Integrated air pressure dump valve enables you to lower tyre pressure with a simple push of a button.
• Optional motorcycle turntable clamps add a whole extra level of versatility. Expand your capabilities, clientele and your bottom line.
|FEATURES / SPECIFICATIONS||MODEL R980NXT / R980NXTF|
|Type of Drive System||Electric / Air|
|2 HP (110/208-240V, 50-60 HZ)|
|Variable Speed Drive|
|2 HP (208-240V, 50-60 HZ, 1-Phase Only)|
|Air Requirement||140-165 PSI (10-11 BAR)|
|Wheel Clamping Method (Adjustable Clamps)||4 Clamps - Internal / External|
|Table Clamping System||Dual Pneumatic Cylinders|
|Bead Breaking System||Pneumatic Blade / Dual Settings|
|Combi Assist Tower||Standard|
|Vertical Hex Shaft Holder - Restraint||Manual Lock|
|Inflation Gauge With Integrated Air Dump Valve||Standard|
|Inflation Pressure Regulator/Limiter||Standard|
|Oiler / Lubricator||Standard|
|Large Soap / Lubricator Bucket||Standard|
|Tower Design||Combi Assist Tower / Swing Arm|
|Bead Lifting Roller(s)||Single Lifting Roller|
|Alloy-Steel Mount/Demount Head||Standard|
|Plastic-Polymer Mount/Demount Head||Standard|
|Upper Bead Assist Roller||Standard|
|Traveling Drop-Center Hold Down Device||Standard|
|Inflation Restraint Device||Standard|
|Bead Seating System||Turbo Blast / Bead Seating|
|Tool Tray / Bin Storage||Standard|
|Motorcycle Turntable Clamps||Optional|
|Internal Rim Clamping Capacity||10" – 30” ( 254 mm - 762 mm)|
|External Rim Clamping Capacity||9" – 28" (229 mm - 711 mm)|
|Turntable Tire Width Capacity (Mounting)||4" – 18" (102 mm – 457 mm)|
|Bead Breaker Tire Width Capacity (Demounting)||1.5" – 16" (38 mm – 406 mm)|
|Maximum Tire Diameter||50" (1270 mm)|
|Shipping Weight||868 lbs. (394 Kg) / 877 lbs. (398 Kg)|
Featured accessories for the R980NXT/NXTF
What customers are saying about the Tire Changer Machines from Ranger Products
“I have one and let me tell it’s a darn good machine for the price!!!!”
"I bought a rim clamp ranger tire changer..............Don't know what size max would fit in the bead breaker, but it has a pretty wide throat. I personally wouldn't fart around with an old Coats, I'd get a rim clamp........I don't used mine everyday, but have used it quite a bit, and I like it. I bought it and a balancer in a package deal."
"Ranger is Bend-Pak in house brand. From the ones I have seen in use Ranger is not bad at all and for home use will last something just under 1,000 years."
- kurt M
|Drive system:||electric / air|
|Air requirement:||140 - 165 psi|
|Clamping method:||4 clamps|
|Internal clamping (inner):||13" – 25-1/2"|
|External clamping (outer):||11-1/2" – 23-1/2"|